Monday 30 May 2016

Anansi

Anansi is finished, finally! Phew!

I started painting Anansi late last year, possibly around October or even earlier, and the mini sat part-painted for ages with main colours blocked out, but unfinished as the colour scheme didn't quite work - even though I had largely opted for my go-to Villain colour combo of green and purple (hey, it served Marvel well in the 1960's!). I made a very minor change on that and was able to complete it in an hour or two today, which was very pleasing. Not my best painting I will admit, but there are parts I am pretty happy with.

Anansi is the 139th Pulp City mini I have painted for my own collection, and puts me to 9 for the year, so I am well on course for my target. She is the first non-Grimm Supreme I have painted since Mr. Kraken back in December, so hopefully that can be addressed in the coming months!

Transformed into a Supreme by a mysterious force, Anansi is a one time petty thief later turned circus performer. She later came to Mysterious Man's attention, who used his outlandish science to add to her array of gifts.

In game terms, Anansi is a Level 2 Infiltrator who can cause a lot of disruption on flanks with a Pulse that Shifts models. He Powers give her boosted defensive capabilities and she gets a steady stream of Power Up dice through the game. As a Level 2 model, she has inherent durability that Level 1 Infiltrators lack. The important thing is to keep her in Base to Base with terrain to benefit from High Ground as much as possibly (which helps offensively and defensively). Anansi is not going to win a toe to to battle against Level 2 Brawlers, Tanks or Powerhouses, but she is more than capable of picking other models off or weakening them, so is ideal against level 1 Supports, Infiltrators and Speeders.

Anansi
Villain, Infiltrator, Level 2, Nature
30 mm

11 comments:

  1. Now that's an especially nice-looking model, PulpCitizen. Love the purple and green colour choice - very Radioactive Man ;-) and some very nice highlighting indeed. Great stuff that one... temptingly so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words Blaxkleric> :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work dude :) I need to return to painting some of my own PC figures Especially Iron Train as he shouldn't need much to finish apart from time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      As soon as you get some more done we will sort out a game. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! Great job dude :)
    I just finished MOD and Stormblades last night....... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Looking forward to seeing your MOD and Stormblades. I think MOD works really well with Chronin, simply due to their low combined Level cost. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice job - a slightly odd looking sculpt from the pictures but the classic scheme works very well indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JamieM: I struggled for a while on this so to finally get a satisfactory colour scheme and call it done was pleasing. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...