Sunday 31 January 2016

Grimmbiote

My first Pulp City mini of the year! Painting Grimmbiote was nice and quick which was pleasant after losing some momentum late in 2015. Gripped by some impetus I decided to see this through which took a little over an hour or so.

This is the second Grimmbiote I have painted, the first was my contribution to a minis exchange last year and was done in red and black to evoke the colours of a certain symbiote-villain. I eschewed the obvious colour scheme to go for something that would look 'right' (to me!) alongside the rest of my Grimm. It also meant I could make a head-start on a few other Grimm models at the same time. The recent Grimm focus has reason for a battle report game Rob and I have planned for later in the year....

In game terms, Grimmbiote can be a surprising threat as far as Infiltrator's go: he has Rending Slash which has Damage 2 as its basic FX. He adds +1 die to Strength Actions. Ideally, leave Grimmbiote in Base to Base with terrain and use Grimmbiotic Webbing to Pull a Target model closer, benefiting from the bonus die from Wall-crawler, hitting them with Rending Slash in the same Activation!

Grimmbiote
Hero/Villain, Infiltrator, Level 1, Nature
30 mm

4 comments:

  1. Terrific work PulpCitizen. I really need to clear some room on my table and start painting some "Pulp City" as your brushwork is inspirational... Plus I need to catch you up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Blaxkleric. :)

      At the rate you paint, I have no doubt you could quickly catch and pass me!

      Delete
  2. Nice work dude he looks great.. I must make an effort with my own Pulp City figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      You certainly should - then game on!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...