Thursday 3 June 2010

Welcome

Another hearty 'welcome' goes out, this to Weird Chris. As ever when someone comes aboard, I have a quick look at their profile, their links and their blogs. This is really useful for me, and i think one of the cool things about blogging - finding a site/blog of interest that you may not have otherwise have seen.

Chris looks to be a budding writer (sounds familiar!) and a board game fan. I enjoy some board games on an irregular basis; lately my gaming group and me have been taken with 'Race For The Galaxy' which features some great little game-play elements. I picked up the second supplement (Rebel vs. Imperium) last week and hope to have a couple of games of RFTG tonight. I also love Power Grid (a near-perfect board game in my view), and my group has gone through phases with Settlers of Catan, Zombies!!!, Munchkin (not a board game, I know), and much more.

There haven't been too many supers board games over the years outside of the licensed ones, but I have been looking at Super Powers from Joe Magic Games. I may pick it up soon, but if anyone has any experience with that or games like Heroes Incorporated, please feel free to comment on your opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for the shout out and for joining Unboxed. I haven't started playing Pulp City yet (waiting on the restock) but when I do I'll probably do some painting guides on my Hobby Blog: http://dukeofthebloodkeep.blogspot.com/ and join the Pulp City forum.

    As for Super Hero board games, there was Marvel Heroes: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/14808/marvel-heroes which I've heard mixed things about and I think may now be out of print.

    Anyway thanks for the shout out and I look forward to seeing more of your denizens of Pulp City.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, glad to koin Unboxed and I look forwards to your wednesday reviews.

    I will join in on the hobby blog as well - thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...